Working with a leader in staffing solutions provides you with better chances of landing a position, knowing that RN Supervisors are one of the most in-demand jobs in healthcare.
Why are RN Supervisors in demand in medical staffing in Ohio? Because there is a leadership shortage!
A Registered Nurse (RN) supervisor supervises registered nurses, ensuring smooth operations, adherence to health and safety standards and regulations, and the highest possible level of patient care. Although the supervisor may give some direct patient care, particularly in an emergency or staffing shortage, their major tasks are administrative.
They are also in charge of arranging shifts, providing proper personnel coverage, and ensuring that the staff’s skill set is acceptable for patient care. The supervisor is in charge of ensuring that internal and external policies are followed and improving organizational procedures.
Here are some qualities that RN Supervisors should possess:
- Detail-oriented and has leadership and mentorship experience
- Has experienced clinical skills when it comes to:
- Pain management
- Infection control
- Physiological knowledge
- Medication administration
- Patient and safety focus
- Is organized and can multitask
- Has excellent communication skills
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) who has an active applicable state license and American Heart Association-issued BLS and ACLS.